Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week #18 - Ham and Bean Soup

My husband told me I needed more beans in my soup. So I found this recipe at BigOven.


Ingredients [ View Metric ]

3/4 poundFully cooked ham; cubed
1 mediumOnion
2 clovesGarlic
2 tablespoonsButter
2 16-oz cansGreat Northern Beans; rinsed and; drained
3 cupsChicken broth
2 cupsWater
1 cupPotatoes; peeled, diced
3/4 cupCarrots; diced
3/4 cupCelery
1/4 teaspoonPepper
1/2 cupFrozen peas
2 tablespoonsFresh parsley; minced

How to Prepare Best Ham and Bean Soup

In a 3 quart saucepan, saute ham, onion and garlic in butter until onion is tender.
Add the next seven ingredients; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add peas and cook for 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve.



This soup was really good. I omitted the peas, but everything else was the same. It was really easy to make, and my husband approved.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment